Envy and its Control

Discuss Chanting.

Envy and its Control

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Q. I have problem of envy. How to remove it?

A. When you feel envious of anybody, it is the envy that one has for Krishna. The proces mentioned in the scriptures is the incessant chanting of the holy name while simultaneously glorifying the devotee you are envious of and avoiding offences. This will certainly purify us. It is said that envy is due to an envious heart. Holy name has a cleansing effect on the heart.
admin

Re: Envy and its Control

Postby prameela » Fri May 01, 2009 7:59 pm

hare krishna, All Glories to Srila prabupada and The Supreme Lord Krishna,
Kindly accept my humble obeisances,
I too have a problem of jealous feelings towards others, is it that i am jelous towards Krishna also, I am also having the feelings of grudge towards the circle of people around- ofcourse materialist people.
I try to neglect with great difficulty but still it doesn't work.
Hope my Lord will forgive me
hari bol
Prameela mataji
prameela

Postby saravanaruby » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 pm

prameela wrote:hare krishna, All Glories to Srila prabupada and The Supreme Lord Krishna,
Kindly accept my humble obeisances,
I too have a problem of jealous feelings towards others, is it that i am jelous towards Krishna also, I am also having the feelings of grudge towards the circle of people around- ofcourse materialist people.
I try to neglect with great difficulty but still it doesn't work.
Hope my Lord will forgive me
hari bol
Prameela mataji

Hare Krishna Mathaji.

With my personal experience... yes... we MUST reduce the envious feelings inside us. And the only way is to chant HIS MahaMantra as many times as possible... as many maala (rounds) as possible. I just takes a matter of 8-12 minutes for 1 maala of chanting. When the mind is envious or any feeling - JUST CHANT. If you don't chant, the mind will still grow with the material feelings & dreams only.

Keep Chanting. Be Happy !!
saravanaruby

Postby Dasanudas » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:15 am

Hare Krsna,

Dandavats. Please accept my humble obesiences.

I appreciate the statements of all the Vaishnavs.

(1) - Dhyayato visayan pumsah, sangas tesupajayate, sangat sanjayate kamah kamat krodho bhijayate
- Krodhad bhavati sammohah, sammohat smrti vibramah, smriti bhramsad buddhi naso, buddhi nasat pranasyati. BG 2.62,63.

(2) '...Ceto darapana marjanam, bhava maha davagni nirvapanam, ....' Shri Shri Chaitanya Shistastakam.

Just in short, on sloka (1) When one thinks or ponders on some material objects, then next one feels like associating or acquiring them, next one wants to posses them, next anger arises when such possesions are distressed,
From anger arises Illusion, when in illusion one forgets memory (realities taught in memory), when memory is lost intelligence is lost (of what is right or wrong), and when intelligence is lost ... one falls down.

So I feel, Envy arises from one of these things in sequence and ultimately leads to downfall.

Solution on sloka (2) one must clear the dust and dirt accumulated in the heart by chanting, this dirt of envy and materialism which is burning us.

Please forgive my offenses and Please Bless me.

In your service....

Hare Krsna.
Dasanudas

Return to Chanting