Regulate your japa

Discuss Chanting.

Regulate your japa

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Q. I am new to chanting and I want to know what it means to chant 16 rounds everyday? How many mahamantras should I chant everyday?

A. You can begin with one round a day and gradually increase. Initiated devotees in the Hare Krishna movement chant sixteen rounds every day. This takes about two hours. Once you chant a certain number of rounds daily, never go below this number. It is far better to chant two rounds every day than eight rounds one day and none the next. Regulation is important in making spiritual progress.
admin

Re: Regulate your japa

Postby prameela » Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 pm

hare krishna, All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna
Kindly accept my humble obeisneces,
The mails posted are highly valuable. I have a problem, I am in contact with Iskcon for last 5 yrs, and started chanting 16 rounds very soon by the mercy of Srila Prabupad and My lord Krishna, but now since last 2 yrs i am unable to do chanting of all 16 rounds regulary, initially i started compensating by chanting extra rounds on other days, but since last one year that tendency also is less in me. and i find it so miserable with in my self, sometime i feel so down, I am able to know that i miss my good chanting but i am unable overcome this miserable situation.
I want to be steady in devotion and faith, and ofcourse in my chanting, I pray loudly to the Lotus feet of my guru and Krishna to help me.
thaknking you for giving me chance to express my distress.
Hari bol
Prameela mataji
prameela

Return to Chanting