Best time for chanting

Discuss Chanting.

Best time for chanting

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Q. Please tell me the best time for doing chanting meditation.

A. The best time for japa is in the early morning hours, when the atmosphere is still quiet and the mind is not yet preoccupied with daily activities. If that is not possible, any time will do. Simply repeat the mahamantra — Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare —softly but distinctly. You should pronounce the mahamantra in such a way that you can hear it clearly.
admin

Re: Best time for chanting

Postby krishna » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 pm

HariBol Prabhuji,

I am trying hard to wake up early in the morning. I try punishing myself on the day i wake up late. Eat very less or skip dinner, go to bed early, but still I cannot hear the alarm ring, or sometimes I don't even remember when I switched off the alarm. Please any bright ideas?

Hare Krsna
krishna

Postby moneygovindass » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm

HARE KRISHNA!
Parbhu ji ur problem is very tipical but u can try this: If ur married then ask ur wife n if unmarried then ask ur parents or relatives,they can do as alarm clock n u can chant in morning.
your servant
moneygovindass
moneygovindass

Postby prahladpriya » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Have you tried praying to Paramatma before you take rest. That works almost always. Also praying to one's spiritual master intensely works.

We should know that even great Vaishnavas like Bhakti Vinod Thakur have admitted in their writings that they can not perform Harinaan without the mercy of a devotee and of course Krishna.

However, our intensity will depend on how much we desire for it :(
prahladpriya

Postby krishna » Mon May 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Thank you very much prahladpriya Prabhu and moneygovindass Prabhu. Both the advices are effective and helpful. By your mercy and blessing, I wish to be regulated and sincere. Haribol.
krishna

Return to Chanting