Chanting with out taking bath

Discuss Chanting.

Chanting with out taking bath

Postby AReddy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:27 am

Hare Krishna

Usually I try to chant early in the morning 10 to 12 rounds but I do without taking bath as I don't get nature call as soon as I wake up. so I ended up doing without taking bath. after chanting 8 or 10 rounds do little bit walking I go to nature call and then take bath. is that okay.
And my other question is we have Guar Nitai dieties, I am feeling guilty that without waking up them I am chanting. Becasue I am not taking bath and not waking up them and chanting my 10 to rounds.

Please advise me.

Haribol
AReddy

Re: Chanting with out taking bath

Postby vrk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 am

Dear Prabhu,

Firstly you must have the firm factual conviction that the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra is transcendental to any mundane physical infirmities. It has nothing to do with your taking a shower or not, answering nature's call or not. It is beyond time, place and circumstance. It is the source of time, place and circumstance.

A relationship with the Holy Names, as in any relationship, requires commitment. If you can commit yourself to waking up at a fixed time and chanting a fixed number of rounds on the beads, you must do so, under all circumstances. Then your nature's call, and other trivial impediments will evaporate and only your commitment to honor your vow will matter.

Morning ablutions are a symptom of sattva guna, but becoming overly attached to them is bodily consciousness. The principal rule is, "Put nothing and no one before Krishna and His Names and your sankalpas; not even your own body and its needs. Krishna will love such a commitment. He is longing for it."

Jai Gauranga!!!!
vrk

Postby vrk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:56 am

Also, it is good to wake up Nityananda and Gauranga Mahaprabhu at approximately the same time every morning. Please wake them up when you chant. They don't like to sleep when a devotee is calling out to Krishna. Worship them principally, bathe them and drown them in the Maha-mantra every morning. They are the embodiment of the names you call. So drench your eyes with their reciprocal glances as you call on their names. They will dance with you, whether you see it you don't. They are begging you for this with straw between their teeth.

Jai !!
vrk

Postby AReddy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Thank you Prabhu for the reply.

I do want to chant after I wake them up only, but as I dont take bath because my bowel movement doesn't happen as soon as I wake up. So my question how can I wake them up with out taking bath.

Thanks again
AReddy

Postby anandcaitanyadasa » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 am

A. Many devotees face this problem(constipation)

Try to take a quick bath for 5 mins and dress up(10 mins). Wake up the deities. chant nicely.
When ever you want to clear ur stomach take a normal bath. 15 mins is the extra time you have to spend but you can wake up your deities and chant before them. You can try to adjust the timing and see!

please pray for my chanting also to Gaur Nitai!
anandcaitanyadasa

Return to Chanting