I am too young to get into Bhakti - How do you answer this?

Discuss Preaching.

I am too young to get into Bhakti - How do you answer this?

Postby vgopikrishna » Fri May 15, 2009 11:00 am

Hare Krishna.

I am trying to introduce KC to a very good childhood friend of mine. His response in a generic sense has been - "I am just 38 years now. I am young at heart and have so much more to see and do in the current life (what to talk about next life). I will think about Bhakti when i get old".

I tried a couple of ways to address his response but haven't been able to make much progress. From your experiences what is best way to address this?

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
vgopikrishna

Re: I am too young to get into Bhakti - How do you answer this?

Postby saravanaruby » Sat May 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Hare Krishna.
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to you.

Is your friend accepting Krishna as the 'Supreme' God?? If Yes, then we can and we must continue to preach.

We MUST NOT preach to someone who doesn't understand that Krishna is the Supreme God - that is one of the offences :)

First of all.... what everyone MUST understand is... Bhakti and KC is NOT for old or young. It is for the material body. That is it. We must try and tell this to all.

Your friend is sooooo optimistic. He is soooo confident that.... he will be alive till the so called OLD age. And he believes that there will be someone to teach him the KC into him or some Bhakti.

Hare Krishna. Hari Bol.
saravanaruby

Postby Aditi » Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 am

Hare Krishna,

PAMHO. AGtSP.

A very very convincing, motivating & fun lecture by Gauranga prabhu on this topic can be found here:

http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/inde ... nga_Prabhu

You can listen to it over and over again and still enjoy it so much !

Hari bol..
Aditi

Postby ckd_rgs » Sun May 17, 2009 4:41 pm

hare krishna,
Can u gurantee me how long will u live, In this material world everything is temporary even our body, So possibility is that we can die tomorrow. So is very good to start bhakti ASAP regardless of age. My daughter is 2.8 years and she try to chant 1 round with me...so sooner you start the better it is...dont delay..
Haribol
Citra krishna das
ckd_rgs

Postby vgopikrishna » Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 am

Hare Krishna.

Aditi,

Thank you for the wonderful link to Gauranga Prabhu's introduction to God lectures. I downloaded and started listening. I will make good use of these when i will be presented with an opportunity to introduce KC to the younger generation. The lectures are so much fun and at the same time they drive home the key points about God and spirituality.

Gauranga Prabhu was in Pune during the first week of this month to present a two day lecture on Lord Balaji. It was the first time i got to see and listen to him and needless to say enjoyed every bit of it. His lectures reflect so much real life wisdom due to his vast preaching experiences to the youth. Also he sings beautifully - Seems as if he is seeing Krishna is front of his eyes when he sings.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
vgopikrishna

Postby jayesh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Hare krishna my dear friend!
Death never considers the AGE!U can see practically.So many children die in the womb before coming out of it!So having this great oppotunity of being in the Human form of Life we should not make further delay.Already we have very short life span!
In the Srimad Bhagavatam(7th Canto)Prahlad Maharaj(a great authority in Vedic knowledge)says that [Kaumaram acaret pragya...]meaning from the very beginning of childhood Life say 5 years,we should practise the (Bhagavat dharma)devotional service to Lord Krishna.So from the Bhagavatam point of view we are already LATE!!!
I hope this may satisfy you.
Your friend
Jayesh.
jayesh

Return to Preaching