Mind going berserk while Chanting HK

Discuss Grihastha Life.

Mind going berserk while Chanting HK

Postby Mahesh Kumar Gandhi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 am

Hare Krishna !
I wish to know the reasons behind the following, and what does it implie :
I start chanting HK Mahamantra jap on beads. My finger are moving the beads properly. My lips and vocal cords are chanting properly. I am clearly hearing the Maha Mantra Words. Still my mind is flowing to so many thoughts, sometimes even "Kama" thoughts, sometimes simply unnecessary surfing on what my eyes see. When I close my eyes my ears become strongly sensitive and mind orders them to hear any voice coming from nearby.
I wonder I am doing 60 rounds which takes me 6 Hrs. of Japa but still my mind can't stand still on Krsna. I don't know if these things happen to everybody, or am I so worst an animal that it is happening to me only. Whether it is bad or not bad ?
Kindly somebody enlighten me on this topic.
Mahesh Kumar Gandhi

Re: Mind going berserk while Chanting HK

Postby npawar » Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 pm

hk,
you are very special candidate for Maya devi.
prabhu please tell ur daily routine , since when you r chanting, what is ur marital status etc so that it will better to understand situation/ environment where you are leaving.
generally if person doesn't have intense desire to serve krishna than some other specific object it can happen.
please note down what you can't sacrifice for krishna currently (it can be wife, wealth , position, False ego ,fault finding tendencies, laziness, controllership etc) ? the answer to this question will help u to try to get detatched from that object.

please forgive me for wrong wordings, because i am not good in expressing my suggestions.
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Postby Mahesh Kumar Gandhi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 am

I apologise for delaying in reply. Frankly I did not visit the site on net. You have desired to know my schedule. Here it is : I get up at 3 O'clock, take my toiletry and bath and am ready for Nama Japa by 4 O'clock. By about 10 O'clock I finish the Japa and take my breakfast meals. At around 11.30 I take a little sleep. at around 1:30 or 2:00 get up and sit before my laptop open up some Pravachan, Bhagwat Katha or internet and Iskcon desire net.
Some home errands may come in between. I talk very less with family members. Just to the point. If TV is available I watch Aastha, Sanskaar Channels for Bhagwat Katha. Very rarely I open some other channels on TV. Yes I have an attraction to female body SHAPE only. I don't link it with face. I just like to view the curves of the body if any eye catching beauty in the shape is there. Don't think any further than appreciating the God's work.
I and my wife live like brahmachaaries since over 15 years around now. I don't drink, smoke, flirt. I obey all the four regulations of ISKCON that is no meat, garlic, onion, wine. Daily Nama japa over 16 rounds. Iskcon rules are being followed by me since about 5 years.
I cannot take Krsna's name from deep within my heart, because my eyes fill with tears and throat chokes down. I can shout the name from my throat which is not deep within. It has been many times sited that such tears flowing down condition is achieved after a very long time in bhakti maarg. I don't think possibly I have reached that position, since at that position all such bad thoughts must be vanished. But in my case the thoughts are still coming. Can any one tell me what such condition is ? Am I going on right track in bhakti maarg. I request to all aacharyas to please guide me.
Mahesh Kumar Gandhi

Postby npawar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Hari bol mahesh prabhu,
i understand you are missing some main things that are,
1) To take initiation from bonafide spiritual master.
2) Engage in service assigned by authrities only.
3) watching TV may be aastha, sanskar channels also affect spiritual growth because sometimes there is strong preaching of mayavaad and materialism.

ys,
np
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Return to Grihastha Life