Parents

Discuss Grihastha Life.

Parents

Postby a devotee » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Hare Krishna

PAMHO
AGTSP

About me- My parents are initiated and by Krishna's mercy recently married to a devotee husband.
would like to get initiated soon.In KC since 10 years.
once in a year for less than a month I have to stay with my In laws who are very nice but non vegetarians and very modernised.They never force me to have onion garlic or non veg.
I would like to know how to behave with them.
What to do regarding prasadam because They may not like my cooking in different vessel and offering.
Also when I am there I would have to do various things like watching TV, shopping various things which might have onion garlic.....
I used to try to please them by doing whatever they like.I used to eat without offering and so on...But i am unable to understand if i m correct?
Please do let me know what should be done?

Your Humble Servant.
a devotee

Re: Parents

Postby Dasanudas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Hare Krsna,

Dandavat pranams. Please accept my humble obesiences.

I feel, that you have got wonderful chance and wonderful husband and his parents. You could preach to them, please but slowly and gradually. If Krsna wills everything would be wonderful in the end, really wonderful.

I feel, you should maintain strong 'sadhana' which will be an example to them, and one day or the other even they, no doubt, will become great devotees. All glories, all glories, all glories to you.

Please forgive my offenses and Please bless me.

In your service...

Hare Krnsa.
Dasanudas

Postby sushant » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am

Hare Krishna,

Since we all are servant of Krishna only, we should only try to please Him and do not worry about what other human beings think of us serving Krishna, so as Dasanudas mentioned that, you should maintain strong SADHANA which will please Krishna and thus will also make your in-laws inclined to Krishna's Bhakti sooner rather than later.

Also since Prasadam is very important to purify our hearts, you should try to make your in-laws accept Prasadam and just pray to Krishna that He will give them the knowledge and remembrance about what Sadhana is and how to respect Prasadam and eat only Prasadam.

As Krishna says in BhagawadGita in chapter 15 verse 15

"I am seated in everyone’s heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedänta, and I am the knower of the Vedas."

So only Krishna will make them understand what Bhakti is what Prasadam is, as we with our little efforts cannot achieve anything, so keep doing your SADHANA and just keep praying to Krishna that He will give all of us a knowledge to understand Him and take to Bhakti.

Hare Krishna, Hari Bol
Your servant
sushant

Postby a devotee » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 am

Hare Krishna

PAMHO
AGTSP

I am so thankyou for ur merciful answers but I dont think they will like my cooking in new vessels also they have n number of answers for anything that we say. Also my husband would not approve of cooking in new vessels and offering.

Your humble servant
a devotee

Postby Dasanudas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Hare Krsna,

Dandavats. Please accept my humble obesiences.

patram puspam phalam toyam
yo me bhaktya prayacchati
tad aham bhakty-upahrtam
asnami prayatatmanah.
BG 9.26

bhakti-upahrtam : offered in love and devotion

Yes ideal would be to cook in new vessels. But one may not be able to stick to ideal standards right from the beginning.

Whatever one is able to follow to his best sincereity, Krsna accepts. One could make the bhoga as ideally as possible and when such bhoga is offered with all love and devotion, I feel, Krsna will accept one's services.

So, I feel, that one could follow whatever near-ideal is possible with all love and devotion to Krsna, and Krsna would take care of the rest.

Please forgive my offences and please Bless me.

In your service...

Hare Krsna.
Dasanudas

Postby a devotee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Hare Krishna

PAMHO
AGTSP

Does it mean that I can prepare the offerings in the same vessels ?
That would be really great.
Your one word "yes" would really make me happy.

Your humble servant
a devotee

Postby Dasanudas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:16 am

Hare Krsna,

Thousands of Dandavat pranams. Please accept my humble obesiences.

You are such a wonderful Vaishnav. All glories, all glories, all glories to you.

I feel, YES, you could make bhoga in the same vessels, for the time being. Mother you are such a wonderful devotee, Please give me the dust of your lotus feet.

May I request you to please consult your Guru Maharaj, and kindly take His blessings for the same. Absolutely nothing to worry for a great pure devotee like yours.

Mother, please forgive me for my offences and Please Bless me.

In your service...

Hare Krsna.
Dasanudas

Postby a devotee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Hare Krishna

PAMHO
AGTSP

Thank you so much for all the help.
I am back from my vacation and by Gurumaharaj' s mercy I was really happy.
the night when I reached my inlaws house it was late and the food was already ready hence we had to have it by asking forgiveness to Krishna.
After that I was so happy to know that she had already separated my vessels, which were I earlier used for the service of the Lord, with hers.
And everything else was also separated.
Hence the very next morning I bought new vessels for offering!
Even they had only prasadam for most of the days
And to my exitement there were few days when I was out hence she cooked with all the precautions like taking bath and so on.. and offered it to Krishna with the Maha mantra
Also we could go to Sri Dham Mayapur which was sponsored by them

Please forgive me for my offences

Your humble servant
a devotee

Return to Grihastha Life