Importance of Tulasi

Discuss General Topics - Anything and Everything.

Importance of Tulasi

Postby sushant » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:41 am

Hare Krishna,

I heard in one of the satsanga that, if one dies in contact with Tulasi leaves, then he goes to Vaikuntha directly irrespective of his deeds and irrespective of his devotional status.

My questions

1. Do anybody know the reference of above statement in Bhgawatam?
2. If somebody goes to Vaikuntha directly does he fall down after years of stay there?
3. Since if the person was not allowed to perform the all interesting Krishna's devotion, and still he got to Vaikuntha, will he be allowed to perform Bhakti of Krishna in Vaikuntha so that he can enter the topmost Goloka Vrindavan in spritual sky?

Please forgive me for my silly doubts.

Hare Krishna, Hari Bol
Your servant
sushant

Re: Importance of Tulasi

Postby Hari Das » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Haribol Prabhu,

I will try to answer your last two questions:

2. One falls down right when one becomes envious of the Lord or wishes to come. Quoting Srila Prabhupada:

Paramahamsa: But ultimately if we come to Krishna, there's no return. But nevertheless, Jagai, and..., the two gatekeepers, they returned?
Prabhupada: There is return, that is voluntary. Return there is.
Paramahamsa: If we want.
Prabhupada: Yes.
Paramahamsa: So we can come to the spiritual world and return?
Prabhupada: Yes.
Paramahamsa: Fall down?
Prabhupada: Yes. As soon as we try, "Oh, this material world is very nice," "Yes," Krishna says, "yes, you go." Just like nobody is interested in Krishna consciousness. Do you think everyone is interested? So. They want to enjoy this material world. Otherwise what is the meaning of free will? Every living entity has got a little free will. And Krishna is so kind, He gives him opportunity, "All right, you enjoy like this." Just like some of our students, Krishna conscious, sometimes go away, again come back. It is free will, not stereotyped. Just like one goes to the prisonhouse, not that government welcomes, "Come on. We have got prisonhouse. Come here, come here." He goes out of his free will; again comes out, again goes. Like that.

This is part of a morning walk titled "Evolution, devolution and elevation" spoken on May 13, 1973 in Los Angeles, California at the Cheviot Hills Golf Course
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. In Vaikuntha, you are with Krishna, so you may eternally do service for him.
~Hari Das D. P. N.
Hari Das

Return to General Discussions