Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/idt_forum/forum.iskcondesiretree.info/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/idt_forum/forum.iskcondesiretree.info/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/idt_forum/forum.iskcondesiretree.info/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
ISKCON Desire Tree - Forum • View topic - Enter into devotional service

Enter into devotional service

Discuss the process of attaining love of Godhead

Enter into devotional service

Postby admin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Q. How can we enter into devotional service ?

A. Devotional service is dependent on the mercy of Krishna and His devotees. Unless we surrender to the lotus feet of a pure devotee, it is not possible to come to the platform of pure devotional service. By his own efforts a bee cannot taste the honey within a bottle. The bottle must be opened by a superior. If the bee simply licks the outside of the bottle, thinking “Now I am tasting honey,” then he is in illusion. Similarly, no one can enter into devotional service unless the door is opened by a devotee.
admin

Re: Enter into devotional service

Postby yeshudas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:44 am

admin wrote:Q. How can we enter into devotional service ?
... no one can enter into devotional service unless the door is opened by a devotee.

The Lord Jesus said to those he would call to Bhakti-- "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends." Revelation3:20

The call is the moment of joy, the moment when we take that first step into devotional service.
Even though my svadharma is different than yours the goal is disirelessness. For me as a devotee of the Lord Jesus Christ, my acceptance of his call to me sets me off towards devotion.

It is the moment when my hand moves toward the doorknob with the determination to open that door and heed and obey the call that I enter in to devotional service.

I will sit and eat prasadam and enjoy the loving radiance of the Lord.

peace to the assembled devotees, Yeshudas
yeshudas

Return to Bhakti