How to surrender to god ?

Discuss the process of attaining love of Godhead

How to surrender to god ?

Postby kuhandasa » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

What is the principles and methods to surrender.
kuhandasa

Re: How to surrender to god ?

Postby saravanaruby » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Basic is... CHANTing
saravanaruby

Postby admin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 am

Surrender means surrender of one's ego. It is not some kind of a physical surrender but goes much beyond that. Surrender means "Let Thy will be done" - that is, we do what Krishna wants us to do and not just do things that we "think" according to our mental concoction/ capacity. Thus it means we approach a spiritual authority and enquire submissively and follow the instructions and accept it as His will.
admin

Postby supragya » Wed May 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Surrender means "purn Samarpan" means gives each and everthing to the lord and beleive him that whatever he do is good for us ..
take him as ur father and depend on him for everything at the same time do ur karmas.
supragya

Postby konqueror » Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 am

Start from your level - don't jump ;)
Here are few gradual levels -
1. I'm interested (Sraddha or Faith)
2. Wanna hang out with these very nice devotees as much as possible (Sadhu Sanga, Taking Shelter Of The Guru)
3. Hmmm.. let me try out what these folks are trying to do (Bhajana-kriya, Practice Of Different Services)
4. Ch... my heart is so unclean - fully of anti-Krishna elements, lemme broom them out thoroughly (Anartha Nivrtti: Clearing The Material Impurities)
5. Hey Krishna, My heart is focused on you now. Dear Guru, I now know how true you were all along (Nisthita Bhakti: Firm Faith, The Quality of Steadiness, Non Fluctuation)
6. After all, what better thing can I do than absorbing in nectarine pastimes of Krishna through service (Ruci: Taste For Devotional Activities)
7. Dear friend, oh sadhu, please tell me more about Krishna. I can't hear anything other than what glorious descriptions of my sweet Lord. When o' when do I get to see that charming blue boy playing flute and enthralling dancing damsels and grazing cattle (Asakti: Attachment For The Lord)
8. Who cares to rebel the pain of the world? All I want is to feel Krishna completely. Where is He? Where is He? (Bhava: Intense emotion)
9. Here and there, everywhere Krishna. But so much hunger, so much thirst want to taste more and more (Prema: Ecstatic Love)
konqueror

Postby admin » Fri May 15, 2009 10:23 am

surrender means-
1) enquiring submissively
2) following instructions and
3) rendering service
admin

Return to Bhakti