Where Mind is located in our body?

Discuss about the infinitesimal

Where Mind is located in our body?

Postby innovator » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Hare Krishna!

I am new to this forum, really its help me to advance towards spiritual life, thanks for all...

1.Where mind is located in our body and what is the function of it.
2.Whether mind is attached with soul or body.

Please bless me...

Hari Bol....
innovator

Re: Where Mind is located in our body?

Postby gopinath » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:07 pm

1. The mind is located in the heart of our body. Functions of the mind are thinking, feeling and willing. Functions of the intelligence are doubting, analyzing, deciding (/resolving/concluding), remembering and sleeping.

2. As such, the soul is not attached to anything material, either gross (e.g. physical body) or subtle (e.g. mind and intelligence). It is the false ego that interfaces between our soul and the mind/ body. Thus although being separate from the mind and the body, each one of us, the soul proper, identifies ourselves with the material mind and the material body. In conclusion, the soul is not attached to the mind or the body.
Furthermore, although the mind governs the activities of the body, the mind is not attached to the body either. This is evident by the fact that we carry impressions of our mind when we change from one body to another.

I hope this clarifies your doubts. Please feel free to revert in case of further queries.
gopinath

Return to Soul