Worship of Tulasidevi - Qualifications?

Worship of Tulasidevi - Qualifications?

Postby vrajkishor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 am

Dear devotees,
Pamho. AGTSP.

Recently, I was approached by one person wanting to keep and worshop Tulasidevi at his home. He and his family come to the temple regularly, but they are not yet following all the 4 regulative principles especially 'No meat eating'. He mentioned that they don't cook it at home, but occasionally eat outside. They also don't chant regularly. In short they are not main stream devotees.

But the person was very eager and I kind of showed some inclination to give one of the Tulasi plants I have. But after that I am thinking whether I should give him? Will there be any offense in sending Tulasi devi?

My mental argument was that eagerness to serve and worship her elevate them to a higher platform gradually. And we have so many instances of this.

Please guide me. I need your advice. Hare Krishna.

Your servant,
vrajkishor

Re: Worship of Tulasidevi - Qualifications?

Postby ganeshs » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:02 pm

>>My mental argument was that eagerness to serve and worship her elevate them to a higher platform gradually. And we have so many instances of this.

Its perfect prabhu. you can certainly help them in worshipping in Tulsi Devi.
one small suggestion is instead of giving a tulsi devi already maintained by you, ask them to get a new one so that they spend more time in the service of tulsi devi.

your servant,
ganesh
ganeshs

Return to Deity Worship