food

food

Postby monita » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Which all foods to be avoided?
monita

Re: food

Postby vrk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Haribol !!

It depends on where you live. In India, the foods don't have as many chemicals and animal products as the foods in the US. The Vaisnava regulations on food are meant to subdue the desires of the flesh along with chanting Hare Krishna, to uproot them entirely.

Don't eat: Meat, fish, eggs, garlic, onions, caffeinated coffee, tea & chocolates, foods with gelatin (comes from fish), monoglycerides and diglycerides (unless vegetable source mentioned), cheese products with rennet (comes from cow intestine). These are all the relishables of sudras.

Do not eat any food not offered to Krishna — it is detrimental to spiritual upliftment. Food is a powerful transmitter of consciousness. To eat any of the above mentioned foodstuffs is not so much of an offense as the grievous offense of diminishing the instructions of previous acaryas and Guru. Moreover these are not foodstuffs offerable to Krishna.

Eat well and chant Hare Krishna !!
vrk

Postby monita » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Thank you so much prabhuji

I am trying to be a devotee and dont eat whatever you mentioned.
I wanted to know like can we take things like vinegar,amul cheese, yeast,masoor dal,carrots,....?

ys
monita

Postby arjunjanish29 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 pm

hari bol,
Can you please tell me whether we can have vegetarian chocolates, if we have grahan Tulsi mala
arjunjanish29

Return to Diet / Food habits