prasad mixes with non veg foods by family members

prasad mixes with non veg foods by family members

Postby npawar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 pm

what in case some mebers are devotee (very new) ,some are not but favorable , so what happens they mix prasad with non prasad items like suppose my mother offfers to photo (keeps tulasi in it,she chants 16 rounds & i also ) rice. my father eats that rice with nonveg ,is it ok because we don't prepare rice seaperatly for veg / nonveg people in home?

sometimes he eats dry prasad while drinking . :?:

what i can do ,i wants feed him prasadam ,but he eats meat & drinks , but now days he chants Hare Krishna maha mantra sometimes.
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Re: prasad mixes with non veg foods by family members

Postby vrk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Dear Prabhu,

The way you speak about the "newness" of your family members, I am guessing you've been practicing for a while. How old or new are you? Under certain specific circumstances, you may have to tolerate a person eating meat along with prasadam. But make your tolerance felt and make it not look like a sanction. Don't try to impose any serious restrictions on neophytes as that will cause repercussions. Prasadam is Absolute, and so will have no material impediments. It will have its effect, even if taken with alcohol. All actions are judged by the motives prompting them.

There is no need to be attached to changing parents. Usually it is best to just give up on them. Just convince yourself and propel your practice. They will be witness to your transformation — something undeniable. If you perfect your life, you will lead to the perfection of your genealogy. So it all rests on you now. Whatever compromises your family may make regarding prasadam, you please do not partake in that. Maintain your calm and your strictness. Try to impart some instructions in a non-judgmental way. If the reaction is unfavorable, leave it alone. They may never change. But we don't want a particular result; we want to please Krishna. Just pray very hard for them. Do all it takes to renounce this world. Rest assured, they will come with you.

Jai Nitai Gaura !!
vrk

Return to Diet / Food habits