setting a bad example

setting a bad example

Postby keshava » Fri May 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Hare Krishna

I am into KC for the last 1 year . i do 8 rounds - but the initiated devotee who introduced me to KC is setting a very bad example. Their attitude towards other devotees is not good , they r short tempered and recently i saw them verbally abusing a Prabhuji from Mayapur. Many other devotees & me are in a fix now wether to continue with ISCKON or not Bcauz this couple is setting a very bad example.

please help me

Hare Krishna
keshava

Re: setting a bad example

Postby npawar » Mon May 31, 2010 10:06 am

Hare krishna,
pamho:agtsp;
thanks prabhu for sharing your thoughts.
i want to suggest few points to you.
1) We all are propensity to fall down, once H.H. navyogendra maharaj was mentining Initiation means start of process but even after initiation if one doesn't follow process properly then there is fall down but that doesn't mean process is wrong.
2) I heard once from devotee Srilla prabhupada intensionally made ISKCON governing body (G.B.C.) becuase society will not depend on on particular person it will be guided by body of few people because if unfortunately one devotee falls down it should not affect society. (Prabhupada Legacy)
3) we really have one tendancy deep routed in heart that is "Fault finding" please do observe it. because K.C. means trying to be servant of servant, manytimes becuase of this tendancy we unnecessary worry.see the devotee may have some personal problem or it may be part of duty or it may be his nature or he may be doing as part of service or due to constant management activities he might got affected but really we as neophytes don't have any right to blame devotees krishna says even one does very bad work but if he practices devotional service he should NOT be treated as bad.please analyse how many bad things we have done before coming to ISKCON.
4) Please understand ISKCON is of krishna and not any specific person many people visit temple and go , some people come follow process for some time and go (because of material conditions) , some people come to ISKCON and achieve perfection.
5) i don't understand one thing that you are ready to leave ISKCON for such reason, if one leaf of tree gets dirty do we neglect whole tree with ripen mangoes, sometime our problem is we see large good and small bad but we see bad through magnifying glass and make issue of it this happens with neophytes.
6) outside ISKCON whole world is in ignorance where you will go within short span of time you will fall down from your position this is my personal experience i am requesting u don't go to maya please there are some methods like u can change your congrigation, change temple if necessary, internet facilities are there without going to temple you can do most of spiritual activities like morning program,lecture, videos etc.
7) You can pray for couple they brought you in ISKCON else where you would have been currently in this world ?

I hope this helps you to remain in ISKCON in case if you are not satisfied please mention i'll give more details.
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Postby keshava » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Thankyou very much for your advise . We are a young group of people and decided to go on with KC - but have decided to avoid the specific couple . Is there any way that we can change our congrigation.

Hare Krishna
keshava

Postby npawar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 am

Hare krishna,
pamho:agtsp
prabhu i am very happy because you all are young , prabhupada will be very proud i heard somewhere youth should take up K.C. it is great preaching just imagine if you remain in K.C. you gradually preach your family,relatives, neighbours, community, society ,area and one day everywhere there will be chanting of holy names.changing congrigation is very easy
1) if you have another congrigation connected to your temple approach them and join them. there is no paper work in joining congrigation you just have to go their for attained programms then rest of the things will happen automatically you know devotee become more happy when he see new devotees or people are joining them.
2) if temple doesn't have another congrigation near by your staying place
a) you can go to congrigation connected to other temple (Please all ISKCON temple and congrigations are same there is no difference we have to offer same respect to everyhting and everyone).
b) you can also join congrigation connected to temple which can be far from your place but you have to keep regular touch of counsellor through internet,phone etc.(e.g. when devotee goes on official tour he may not be physically associating his counsellor but he can communicate through net, phone etc)
c) please tell whatever happen to you to your new counsellor and show sincere desire to be K.C.
d) I don't know your current location please try to find near temples and their congrigation (please search in proper way becuase many times devotees doesn't know that there is some program happening in area near our home which is conducted by other temple) first and decide where you can join

note: remember in ISKCON many devotees are becoming due to srilla prabhupada books.
I suggest if you have group* of devotees you can request temple to start new program in your area only that will save lot of your timing also in travelling. please pray for your current counsellor.

jai srilla prabhupada.
ys,
np
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Postby keshava » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Hare Krishna Prabhu

Thankyou Prabhu for your advise . i am located in Jamshedpur - ISCKON had opened a preaching center here about 2 months back but the concerned couple has messed up everything ( there are many things that i cannot mention right now which was very painful)and now it is about to close down . there is no other center here.

The most horrible part is they have played politics and Prabhu had to leave we liked him very much - he had advanced us into KC rapidly in 2 months which did not happen in the last 1 year.

please help

Hare Krishna
keshava

Postby npawar » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm

hare krishna,
pamho:agtsp;
Krishna will be very happy on you i heard once devotee takes anxiety for krishna as you are taking it now.i can suggest you start program.
1) try to get connect to ISKCON society near jamshedpur and be in touch with them (through mail or phone).
2) Do morning program in home mangal aarti, chanting.
3) Your group can gather together and hear lectures or see videoes weekly.(all ISKCON lectures are available in iskcondesire tree )
4) Offer bhoga to lord and share with all devotees.
5) If we have devotees that is sufficient now everything is available
6) you can select some meeting place like someones home or garden
7) we are not only devotees who doesn't have facility like center i'll share one incidence once when i was distributing books one old person walked in to stall and did enquiry i came to know that this person he is from very far village where no association and no center he comes regularly after 4-5 months to meet family.
every visit he comes to temple and purchases some books of srilla prabhupada and i must mention he was having good knowledge* of SP books.
8) now please discuss if you try to start program what are the things you require where you feel weak we all can discuss and sort out.
9) I am giving link for special series of lectures if start hearing i am sure you won't stop, http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/inde ... nga_Prabhu

Ys,
np
npawar

Postby keshava » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 am

dandvat pranam prabhuji

i heard the 1st lecture of Gaurang Prabhu . thankyou very much it was like nectar to the ears i have never felt this solace before. all my apprehensions and doubts have been erased.

Hare Krishna
keshava

Postby npawar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Hare Krishna,
H.G. Gaurang prabhu (Brahmachari ) serving in Sri Sri Radha Gopinath mandir, mumbai. he is very elevated devotee he is known as devotee making machine he is BTECH in IIT. gives special classes to youth which are not recorded if you really want to improve with Jet speed you have to stay in temple in VTA (vaishnav training academy) for one year. he gives lecture almost thrice in week it is like flood of nector.i don't have words for him i can write book on him even i never personally have any interaction with him.
Please download this rare lectures and keep with you all times.what i wrote is very very less.if you associated his lectures and instructions you'll be very very happy in K.C. please write if you really wants to hear more of his lectures.

yas,
np
npawar

Return to General