Does my spiritual master has all the qualities?

Does my spiritual master has all the qualities?

Postby admin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 am

Lord Kapila preaches to Devahuti about many qualities of sadhus like compassion, truthfulness. If I have to accept initiation for my spiritual advancement, how do I come to know whether my spiritual master has all these qualities? Please answer this question in the context of ISKCON.

Answer:
It is advised that a aspiring Disciple observes His Guru and Guru observes his aspiring disciple for at least one year. You can always hear about the pastimes of the Guru from his existing disciples. This way one can have a firm faith in Guru. Due to or conditioning we may not be however be able to always recognize the qualities.
admin

Re: Does my spiritual master has all the qualities?

Postby konqueror » Mon May 11, 2009 4:01 am

So, what do we do if we are not able to recognize the qualities?
Wait till you can find a bona fide spiritual master.
Or, blindly follow the sheep.
konqueror

Postby admin » Tue May 19, 2009 12:32 pm

You have to hear from Him. His realisation which he shares in his lectures will reflect his qualities.
admin

Postby salvatore » Sat May 30, 2009 2:26 am

usually people think that one who has practiced sadhana bhakti for sufficient time, may become guru.
It is not like that...!
real guru comes from transcendental plane to give prema to the conditioned souls . He has that prema in his heart and therefore can give it to a faithful sadhaka. This is how Krsna give His mercy, He send His energy in the form of guru to give love of God. If guru cannot give prema he is not guru at all.
So Sri Guru is a complete transcendental entity he is always qualified because he comes from the spiritual world, he wasn't a conditioned soul at any time, so he does not become qualified, he has been always qualified.
salvatore

Return to Guru and Disciple