A teenager problem in path of life

A teenager problem in path of life

Postby vaibhavsharma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:31 pm

My sincere Hare Krishna to all the devotees

Please forgive me because every word of this post is materialistic, not spiritual. So please forgive if I have offended anyone including the unnamed persons mentioned in this post.

I want to first mention that I am really the most fallen soul in this world and that needs no proof.

Next that I am Vaibhav Sharma, vaibhav2009sharma@gmail.com resident of yamuna nagar, in Haryana where a new ISKCON temple is being built up (maybe in next 3 or 5 years) and we have a makeshift temple here.

I am a student of class 12, science and also that I knew the Hare Krishna movement from my class 10th onwards.
Earlier in my childhood, I was a die hard rationalist, a scientifically tempered person and didn't believe in personal features of God but thought him to be something like light, overwhelmed by scientific theories presented on discovery channel.

I used to go to Lord Shiva's temple and offer water but had no faith. By lord's grace and maya's punishment now I am acting to be humble, just like when a snake gets his fangs removed, he dances along the notes of the snake charmer. Now I am at the deciding point which will lead to materialistic life or a vaishnava culture.

I got 94.7% in 10th and was good in science but now I have lost all my interest in science subjects and want to study the literature provided by His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivadanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.

Is there any course offered by ISKCON after 10+2 because now I do not want to go to these materialistic science colleges, where I would have to face gangs, ragging and there definitely all boys want to have association with girls. I've had enough of it on internet and want to leave this animal like life completely, right from its roots. What qualifications are needed to enter these institutes? I heard about VIHE? What's there?

Please just glance upon my problem. If you feel pity on me then please answer, otherwise ignore or delete this post.

Also I want to mention that here in yamunanagar, a lot of politics is being played. I have stopped going to the makeshift temple though I miss the kirtans there. One can imagine that boys including one working at a garage, one running a welding shop, one collecting credit card's payments(and this one used to deliver lectures to me about bhakti and misguiding about Shrimati Radharani and also intuitively getting apradh done by us as once he told my sister to pluck sacred Tulsi's leaves by pulling) and above all the Manager(temple incharge) here is busy talking about MLM businesses(like silverbells, dolphins) and the lectures he delivers on Shrimad Bhagwad Gita are full of his real life examples of when he was in U.S.A. That's all! All mayavadi lectures!

I cannot seek any guidance from these people because when the have not got an intellectual, how can I ask my life's decision from them. All of them are busy in making money from donations and also just
demoralising poor people. If some rickshaw wala or a labourer happens to see the Lord's deity, they would taunt and kill their moral. Also if one gives good donation, they deserve good treatment, others are just brushed aside.
I know that Srila Prabhupada himself taught to honour the businessmen who have enough courage to spend a part of their income for Krishna. But as far as I know, Lord Krishna sees the proportion that one offers, not the amount. A salaried employee who earns 10000 per month, if lovingly donates 1,000 for the Hare Krishna Movement, that must be considered much superior than a businessman who earns 10 lakh by black means and donates 10,000 though it is 10 times,
If possible, please teach these things to them, so that another person doesn't have to spoil his consciousness in prajalpa like I'm doing. but it is hard to tolerate.

Earlier a Sanyasi Advaita Sakha, from Chandigarh ISKCON Temple, came to stay here for about 6 months or so, but these people victimised him and forced hime to leave. He was a very very sincere Vaishnava and in my conversation with him about the problem, he said that
A person must be like Swan, who drinks the milk(like saints who see others qualities), than a Crow who keeps his eyes on the dirt(like other's faults)

Please excuse for my crow like behavior but please carry out some inspection in ISKCON yamuna nagar to see what's really happening, please see their accounts and funds and also disguise as a poor person and ask some spiritual question to them, how will they react.

And if you feel appropriate, please answer my education related question also.
Disclaimer: There is no other soul fallen than me and I am the most fallen to think I am not.
Hare Krishna
vaibhavsharma

Re: A teenager problem in path of life

Postby mahesh » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Dear bhakta Vaibhavji,

Hare Krishna. Every body in the material world is more or less fallen so please don't be so much disappointed about yourself. Its rare to find honest people like you in this world. Yes, with the mercy of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada there are so many educational courses on Bhagwad Gita, Srimad Bhagwatam, Bhaktirasamrita sindhu, Updeshamrita etc. in our society. You can search the websites in the name of ISKCON on google. Also there is a wonderful college in Belgium-Radhadesh which provides education after 12th based on our spiritual books and also material books. It is affiliated with some other university of London(?) so please check it on internet. Regarding other problems that you have mentioned so please chant Hare Krishna and eat Krishna prasad. In my humble opinion it is better to approach some authorized person about it and not to make it a public issue. ISKCON is Srila Prabhupada's body so we have to be reverential to any of its part though it be apparently inconcievable. When we read Srila Prabhupada's books carefully and regularly, everything becomes crystal clear.

Hope this helps you,
your servant,
mahesh.
mahesh

Return to Karma