Sin and Offence - Difference

Sin and Offence - Difference

Postby vrajkishor » Tue May 12, 2009 4:41 am

Dear devotees,
Pamho. AGTSP. AGTSG&G.
Hare Krishna.

What is the difference between Sin (Paapa) and Offence (Aparadha)? To me both look very similar; yet they are not completely similar. I will be grateful if I can get an answer.

Your servant,
vrajkishordas.
vrajkishor

Re: Sin and Offence - Difference

Postby admin » Tue May 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Pap is sin- like killing a animal
Aparadh is used for vaishnav aparadha
admin

Re: Sin and Offence - Difference

Postby jayesh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:42 pm

My dear prabhu
Dandavat pranam
All glories to Srila Prabhupada
From very basic understanding of the term"SIN" we can realize that any action which is against the scriptural injuctions to be followed by human beings, it is considered sin for which the sinner has to suffer the consequences.So as per this understanding of the "SIN",practically there is no difference between SIN & OFFENCE because in either case one(Sinner or Offender) has to suffer the cosequences.

I would like to share another point in this regard.-If we see from the absolute platform of pure devotinal service to krishna then practically there no much more difference between even SIN & PUNYA(pious frutive activities).An analogy is given that of Dry stool & Wet stool to SIN & PUNYA (pious frutive activities)respectively.Stool is Stool either dry or wet,so similarly, SIN or PUNYA (pious frutive activities) both are useless for the devotees because both of them are detrimental in executing pure devotinal service to krishna.
Dasdasanudasa
Jayesh.
jayesh

Return to Karma