A soul fallen in maya needs immediate help

A soul fallen in maya needs immediate help

Postby dasofmaya » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Hare Krishna to all devotees

I am a 17 year old boy in class 10+2 and in need of a friendly advice as to how can I rise from maya in which I am fully trapped.

I am a really really introvert and narrow minded person and gathered huge courage even to write this post. As a small kid in class 7 (12 years of age), I started surfing the net. At that time I was good in my studies and optimistic in life. Then one day, a friend of mine(who proved to be the real enemy), introduced me for the first time to an adult website. This made me feel restless and I started going to the cafe regularly. None in my family suspected anything wrong at that time as I was a rank holder at that time. My anxiety to watch such content grew virally. I would spend 2 hours everyday at the cafe and as my family knows little about the net till date, no one has ever got a sign of what I had been watching till today when my sister caught me red handed. I was really ashamed to even face her. She is a good Krishna devoted person and advised me to talk in this forum.

Since then when I started watching such things on the net, the atmosphere of my class also changed. It became a habit for them to talk nonsense and vulgar language in a convent school. But due to my timid nature, I never accepted to become like them. As a result resistance developed and many children started hating me. Also being in maya, my mind further deviated to a girl in class 8th!! This provided everyone enough opportunity to bark foul words at me. Earlier, all the teachers had never any complaint against me since childhood, now I started deteriotating in my studies to and took more interest in games. By the middle of 8th, by grace of GOD, I again focussed myself to studies and at last bagged 3rd rank in the class. After wards in 9th, I became proud, more and more lusty, always anxious, devoid of any peace of mind. Since I had to hear all the foolish talks of my fellow beings, that went deep into my sub-conscious mind. The gap between right and wrong, pious and unpious became blurred for me. I went deep and deeper into maya, dancing like a puppet.

Since 7th my sister told me to chant Hare Krishna and visit ISKCON temple, I never bothered. I also had no control on my eating process and ate junk food, now my face is full of pimples which has further depressed me. In 9th class, due to some problems, my source of inspiration, my mother, a very educated, sober and high thinking personality became practically unconscious i.e. lost control over her senses and ours too. Then began my real degradation. I had no support, my father worked hundreds of miles away and visited us once in a month. At home, there was all sort of drama, beatings, quarrel, insult by neighbours, warnings by land lord and we fell deep into financial crisis. One of the reasons was the psychological illness of our mother, which made us more and more sorrowful. There seemed not a ray of light anywhere, like as if trapped in a dark well full of snakes. Then I started going to ISKCON and chanted 2 rounds daily. Bearings the pain of our past sinful deeds, I chanted with faith and in 10th came up with 94% in aggregate. That was mercy of Lord Krishna. But I did not get any good association even in the temple and I went deeper and deeper into the illusion of the web. At one place I chanted, while in the other watched all sorts of rubbish.

In 11th, I was forced to go to a sub-standard school even lower than the so called convent school. I became more and more attached to maya and fell in devotion. At the present moment, I am in 12th, boards are coming up at the head, time is less, my preparation is zero and career is at risk. I find it very difficult to chant and control my senses. Till date, I have been watching all sorts of garbage on the net but am unable to give it up at once. At times, Lord Krishna tries to stop me from within my heart, but I don't know why I disobey him. There seems to be no hope and I finally submit myself at the feet of all the determined devotees. Please grant the blessings of your lotus feet and guide me to get out of this maya.

Yours servant
dasofmaya

Re: A soul fallen in maya needs immediate help

Postby rukminipriyadd » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am

Dear Prabhu,
Hare Krishna.We all are fallen in maya and that's why we are here. But there is a great hope for you to come out because you admit that you are in deep dark well full of snakes and have taken shelter of bonafied devotees. Certainly, they will carefully pick you up not with upadesha merely, but also with their deep hearted prayers at the feet of guru and gauranga. Your board exams are close and your preparation is zero and you have many other problems so in my humble opinion you had better take a drop and first come to the position of giving exams both - material and spiritual. During this whole year you can arrange many programs under the guidance of some experienced devotees. Here is a story to understand how lust attacks us all and how determined devotees smash it.

Long ago in Bengal when Thakur Haridas, an extremely dignified devotee of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, used to chant for 18 hours daily without eating or sleeping maya devi personified came to test his celebacy. She dressed herself as a very attractive girl and posed as a society girl and glanced at Haridas thakur to invite him to satisfy her. Thakur could immediately understand her plans and he said," please let me finish my harinam and then surely I will satisfy you." Thus the whole night passed and she sat outside the cave where he was chanting and heard his wonderful chanting. In the morning Haridas Thakur told her to come again. In this way Thakur made her sit outside his cave and let her hear the holy names of the Lord ......after three nights the girl, maya devi personified, started chanting with the mercy of Thakur! So he gave her instructions to worship tulasi devi and chant harinam....saying this he left the place.

In my humble opinion, the best thing for you is -to take a drop this year, care so much for your mother and sister, regain your spirit to score good marks but above all this worship tulasi devi every morning, noon and evening and chant hari nam. I assure you she will bring you out of any mental crisis very soon. But please don't forget to pray to Srila Prabhupada and read atleast one page from Srimad Bhagwatam. I think this whole program would only take an hour or two from your schedule of tuitions and homework.

Hope and pray that you may get Srila Prabhupada's mercy,
ys rukminipriya dd.
rukminipriyadd

Postby npawar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am

Hk,

i am replying very late .i have some suggestions which can be additional as earlier mention by mataji as i have gone through similar conditions in my life in someone is having such problem
1) we can write down our life plan on paper like career, job, marriage , chldrens etc
2) tell our mind that dear mind see i have plan to gratify you for these mention objects so don'rt worry or crave or be mad for it.
3) make only devotee friends
4) as young person we have strong energy we should dance in kirtan (temple or home) till our energy is sufficiently utilised in K.C.
5) Keep telling ur mind that dear everyhting is ready just wait you will get what u want (we can say hey mind i am really searching for diamond once you have then there is no other thing you require)
6) actually in early ages child marriages were happening that was satisfying mind of both person (not the body but there was sublime relation , it was under watch of senior members of family and wife was to stay in her home only untill she is physically ready for begoting childrens ), but now due to unnecessary education people are not getting marry on time.
7) it is up on parents , if they are really intellegent they can engage childrens in childhood (marriaage can be done later) as it was happening in early ages so both can satisfy mind saying there is no need to see rubish as i want to remain chaste to partner.
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Postby dasofmaya » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:11 am

thanks prabhu
i read your post

but there is nothing such as child marriage here.

i am trying to engage my mind in learning new things(particularly software) and side-by-side chanting.

but i'm not able to complete 16 rounds a day.

will tell you my progress and also follow your instruction(paper writing)

i now recall that 4-5 years ago i used to talk to my mind as if too someone else, in verbal

i lost this art and thanks to you, i'll recover soon
thank you
may Lord Krishna bring you back home
dasofmaya

Postby npawar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Hk,
i will tell u how u can complete 16 rounds if ur mind is opposing lot
1. tell your mind whatever you want krishna will give please help me to chant attentively 16 rounds
2. tell your mind only two hours help me then you will get more than whatever you want
3. if you want to marry but can't marry right now just go one step ahead just imagine you are married and childrens are grown up , you are settle everything is been done in life now only target is to serve krishna
this is temporary solution
4. i want to point please cultivate desire to serve krishna while chanting tell krishna remember "how may i serve you krishna"

please try
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Postby ikumpavat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:58 am

Dear Prabhu,

Hare Krishna, Seeks mercy from Lord to reply you from my full knowledge and potential. Hari Bol.

Sorry for late reply.
However i would like to share some practical things to do as i have understood your situation exactly.

See these bad things/habits generally hampers a person's life in different aspects. Like it makes person feel guilty, it makes person alone, it may many implications in human's behavior. But KRISHNA and Mercy Of Krishna is really amazing. It can resolve any complexity.

1. Belief : First strengthen you belief in Krishna. I think you have it enough.
2. Association : There is VOICE group in ISKCON devotees. VOICE group is a group of students who stays together and follow Complete Krishna Conciousness in their daily life. If you can join the group or even make some friends from this groups then you will get the best association. Which will definitely help you to grow up.
3. Association : Association is more crucial for you. Be in association with ISKCON devotees. I am sure, Devotees will always eager to be your friend. And more importantly, Share your heart with devotees. Devotees is the most appropriate place to share your heart and share your problem. Try be isolate with your maya vadi friends for time being.
4. Surrender : Make goal of your life. And make your goal for Krishna. Suppose you want to be doctor,engineer/any good person, then make the goal for KRISHNA. If you will become a successful person then you can obviously spread Krishna Consciousness more efficiently. So surrender your self and your work unto Krishna. Whatever you are doing is ultimately to serve Krishna.. and then see the magic.
5. Planning (For Krishna) :The only practical way to leave these bad habits is make your self busy. Make your self busy in Study / Chanting / Darshan / Kirtan / Smaran.
A practical things to make your self busy is,
a. Start writing down your tomorrow's task at today night.
b. Make a notebook, divide the page in 8 parts, in seven boxes write down days of week(Monday to sunday) leave eighth box blank for your pending or upcoming thoughts for next week.
c. Daily before go to sleep, write down your tomorrow's task in the appropriate box. Here you need to give your full potential. The tasks can be like, Reading and complete chapter -10 of Physics, or Complete chapter 2 of maths, or chanting 10 rounds or Go to temple and attend mangla aarti. And commit your self and krishna that you will execute these tasks tomorrow.
d. The last thing religiously follow the tasks that you have written.

6. Forgiveness : Forgive your self whatever you have did that in past. Forgive your self and make a commitment to your self to not go back to that hell. Promise this thing to Krishna and believe me you will never go to that hell.

The technique is basic version of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). Very effective technique to efficient time utilization.

I am 100% sure that if you follow these things, You will be able to serve Krishna in the better and better ways.

Let me know if you need any of my help.

Always there to Serve devotees.

Your Servant,
Indrajeet.
ikumpavat

Return to Modern day life