How to stay away from wealth

How to stay away from wealth

Postby UGRA_NARASIMHA » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:25 pm

Dear all,
I think after years that I have come to a right place to seek answers to my spiritual questions.
Let me introduce saying that all my life I had struggled to be a rich person and to get the best paying job ever.By lord’s grace I did succeed in all my desires and I completely lost myself in the pleasures of life.

All of a sudden everything seemed unreal, I was stressed to the tune that psychiatrists diagnosed me with a state of neurosis so I just gave up my job and returned to India.
I am adjusting slowly to the realities here but all I want to seek answer is how do yogis who are immersed in Krishna consciousness shield themselves from this Maya.
I have now decided to spend my energy in acquiring food, shelter and clothing at a minimal level so that I can focus more on my spiritual development.
I am also suffering with a fear that I will not be able help any needy person again in my life because in this materialistic world, you need money to do any good deed.
Pleas help me with seeds of your divine advice!

narasimha dasa
UGRA_NARASIMHA

Re: How to stay away from wealth

Postby Dasanudas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 am

Hare Krsna,

Dandavat pranams. Please accept my humble obesiences.

All glories to Ugra Narasimha Prabhu! What a wonderful Vaishnav. All glories to you Prabhu. What wonderful enquiries!

I feel, Prabhu, one should approach a spiritual master and pray & enquire from him.

B.G. 4.34
tad viddhi pranipatena
pariprasnena sevaya
upadeksyanti te jnanam
jnaninas tattva-darsinah

Translation : by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth."

I personally feel and I pray at your lotus feet, please approach a Initiating Guru Maharaj or an initiated disciple from ISKCON (or a Temple President or a Brahmachari Ashram devotees) and they would definitely be of great assistance on your path of Krsna Consciousness.

"how do yogis who are immersed in Krishna consciousness shield themselves from this Maya" ??
-(a)by being in Krsna consciousness all times. (b) By engaging in varied varieties of acitivites in Krsna Consciousness. (c) By enjoying the 'anand' in Krsna's service. (d) By always remembering Krsna and never forgetting Krsna.(e).. etc..etc..
To be really frank Ugra Narshimha Prabhu, I feel, I am insignificant to answer this question.
And as you have pointed towards "yogis trying to immerse in Krsna Consciousness- shielding from Maya", its Easier said than done. But under the expert guidance of a bonafide spiritual master and by His blessings, then its cakewalk.

"will not be able help any needy person again in my life because in this materialistic world, you need money to do any good deed." ?? - Prabhus, I feel, to do a good deed one doesnt need money. Material help is no hlep. Its just temporary help which one could give to another. True help must be permanent and providing for all permanent solutions to the needy people. One could help distressed people by giving them Krsna Consciousness. One could help people by preaching the message of Krsna to people. I feel, there cant be a better way to help people.

Please forgive my offenses and Please give me your blessings.

In your loving humble service...

Hare Krsna!

Dandavats.
Dasanudas.
Dasanudas

Return to Modern day life