Does reincarnation exist.

Does reincarnation exist.

Postby admin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Q. Why does reincarnation exist or what is the purpose behind creation?

A.The result of reincarnation is due to our karma and desire, if one lives this life, loving the taste of red meat, then the Lord simply fulfills that desire and grants the living entity a tiger body in then next life with suitable claws and teeth to eat meat. The Lord is our supreme well wisher who grants the desire of His children, just like a Father.
So we have to take birth again and again (samsara) in the cycle of birth and death, until we reached real to the understanding, real knowledge about god, Krishna. Then we start to begin our journey back home, back to Godhead.

The easiest and most recommended way to nullify karma and to go back to Godhead is by the chanting of the Lord's Holy Names as mentioned in various scriptures,
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
admin

Re: Does reincarnation exist.

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 am

Hi

I am not a member of Hare Krishna but I am very interested by your philosophie. It 's a friend who introduce and explain me the basics ideas. I have read above if we like to eat meat, so Krisna reincarne us as tiger so that we can eat meat all your life. Which I have understand till now, we cannot reincarne in an animal because we will have no chance to change and do good things on earth. Example, I don't believe the tiger will become vegetarian. If I need to beleive in reincarnation, I will beleive that we reincarnate in human.
Benoit

Postby Benoit » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi

As I explain above I am not a member of Hare Krishna, but the friend who I mention above tell me his love for Krishna with a such passion. That I decided to know more about your religion. I am a Christian, and I have found many similarities with our religion (apart the vegetarian but I have read a conversation with Cardinal Danielou and Srila Prabhupada and I am convinced that christian must be vegetarian ) . But till my childhood I do not belive that there is a paradise or hell as there is so many injustice on earth. For me, it will be very very difficult to believe in reincarnation. Is there someone who can give me a very clear explanation. I will be very happy.
Benoit

Postby sushant » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Hare Krishna,

I will try my humble best to answer to this very important question.

Srimad Bhagawad Gita talks about this topic.

SrimadBhagawadGita Chapter 2 verse 22

As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

SrimadBhagawadGita Chapter 2 verse 27

One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament.

As you can see Lord is informing us about the reality of rebirth in above verses.

As per Vedas, there are 84,00,000 species in the material world which include Animals, Birds, Fish, Humans, ghosts and devatas. A soul has to travel through these species to get the human birth.

Whatever we perform in human life has an equal reaction i.e. if we perform good deeds we get to enjoy certain stuff and if we perform bad deeds we get to suffer.

Srila Prabhupada used to narrate a following story:

1. There was one farmer who used to produce Wheat brans and used to store the entire it in the underground basement which had entry point from top.
2. He used to fill the basement compartment with wheat brans and to use the wheat bran for cooking, he had to personally go underground and take the wheat bran from the bottom of the pile of wheat bran.
3. The farmer died because of old age and then his sons started producing rice rather than wheat bran.
4. They also used to pour down newly produced rice in the same underground basement from the top.
5. Now they went down to take the rice for cooking, but since the earlier wheat bran stock was not finished they could only take wheat bran from the bootom of pile.

So if wheat bran is considered as bad karmas(deeds) and if rice is considered as good karmas(deeds), then when the person came back to this world with new body he had to gain bad karma reactions(wheat bran) even if he is doing good karmas(rice).

The goal of human life is to stop the rebirth or reincarnation and stop going through all 84,00,000 species of life and go back to Krishna, Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Srimad Bhagawad Gita says following:

SrimadBhagawadGita Chapter 8 verse 16

From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to My abode, O son of Kuntī, never takes birth again.

SrimadBhagawadGita Chapter 9 verse 34

Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.

Hare Krishna, I hope Lord makes you understand above verses of His and starts your devotional service.

Hare Krishna, Hari Bol
Your servant
sushant

Postby jkdasa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am

Hare Krsna, Benoit. Its great that you are asking about reincarnation since this understanding is the step inside the door of bhakti or devotional service. Lord Krsna gives us a very clear understanding of reincarnation, or transmigration of the soul, in the second chapter of the Bhagavad-gita. I recommend you get a copy of Bhagavad-gita As It Is and thoroughly study that chapter including the purports of Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Krsna tells us that the soul is eternal. This means that there was never a time when the soul came into being and there will never be a time when the soul will cease to exist. This is the meaning of eternal. But of course the body we now have is not eternal. It began on a certain date and it will end at a certain date also. Since the soul is eternal and the body is temporary, the soul must leave the body at death and move on to another chapter of existence. As long as that soul has desires for material enjoyment then that soul will be given another material body to try and fulfill those desires. This arrangement is made by Krsna as the Paramatma or Supersoul who witness all our desires and activities.

The soul is not human, animal or plant, but spirit. Therefore, for the soul there is no difference between the various species of life and so it is not a problem for the soul to be in any one of the millions of different species that exist. For the soul with animal desires and propensities, the Lord arranges for an animal body in his next life. But most souls are not in human bodies, most are in the lower forms of animals and plants. For those souls, the natural order of material nature directs that they transmigrate from one body to another in the lower species in a gradual evolution. Eventually the soul is allowed to have a human body and the chance to elevate himself spiritually. But if that soul in human body does not take advantage of that opportunity, then he will gradually descend again into the lower species.

So we now have the human form of life and we should utilize every moment to become Krsna conscious. If we develop Krsna consciousness, God consciousness, then we will not have to take birth again in the material world. We can go back to the kingdom of God, the spiritual world and associate directly with the Supreme Lord.

I hope this helps you to understand reincarnation a little better. Best thing is to study the books of Srila Prabhupada, especially Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
jkdasa

Postby sushant » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Hare Krishna

Please check http://www.krishna.com/reincarnation.

Hare Krishna, Hari Bol
Your servant
sushant

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi

Thanks to all of you for the reply, the link has been vey usefull.
Benoit

Postby Benoit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi

I am a christian, there were many things that happen on earth that I do not understand. But with the help of some topics on this forum, I have understand many things and more about my God. I have more faith now thanks you a lot.
Benoit

Return to Reincarnation