How Can I Best Serve You?

Daily Question and Answer.

How Can I Best Serve You?

Postby backtohome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Question: How Can I Best Serve You?

I find it very easy to have compassion and loving feelings towards other devotees and the animal kingdom, and I would like to feel this same way for the butcher who chops and kills animals and the drunkards etc, but I find this difficult.

Can I think of the butcher as a wild animal, so that I don't feel agitation by his actions? Or is this disrespectful to think of humans like animals.

And also, how can I best serve you as your aspiring servant.

B.B.

Answer: Become Perfect and Spread these Teachings.

To consider the grossly sinful people to be like animals or even lower than animals is correct according to the vision of the revealed scriptures. However, if we consider that the only thing which separates us from being in the same category as them is the mercy we have received from Krishna's pure devotees, we can try to develop feelings of compassion for them. Distributing Srila Prabhupada's books of transcendental wisdom is a wonderful service because when distributing these literatures we can approach everyone and give them the opportunity to get the mercy of Krishna and his pure devotees. Recently a devotee entered a slaughterhouse and sold a stack of Krishna conscious books to the slaughterhouse manager. So there is no question of who is qualified to receive Krishna's mercy and who is not. Everyone is a potential recipient of the mercy of Krishna.

The spiritual master's mission is to save the entire human civilization from the cycle of birth and death. So the best service you can do for me is to become perfect in Krishna consciousness and spread the wonderful teachings of Krishna consciousness as much as possible to the people of your town.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
"Thought for the Day" is the daily inspirational message of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) broadcast daily to thousands of subscribers throughout the world. You can subscribe by visiting http://www.backtohome.com/
backtohome

Return to Question For The Day