Why is Krishna Surrounded by So Many Women?

Daily Question and Answer.

Why is Krishna Surrounded by So Many Women?

Postby backtohome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 am

Question: Why is Krishna Surrounded by So Many Women?

My humble obeisances at your feet,

Please explain to me the rasa-lila. Someone asked me why Sri Krishna had so many women devotees surrounding Him.

Seeking blessings,
Rashmi

Editor's note: Rasa-lila is Krishna's most famous pastime of dancing all night in the Vrindavan forest with thousands of beautiful young cowherd girls.

Answer: Because He is Super-Attractive

If a man is super-attractive, he will naturally attract many women. Therefore since Krishna is the Supreme All-Attractive Personality of Godhead it is natural that he will attract and be surrounded by so many women. In the recent history we see that the Beatles rock band attracted so many young girls that the term Beatlemania was coined. But since Krishna is unlimitedly more attractive that than the Beatles we can understand that the Beatlemania of this world is an insignificant drop of water compared the Krishnamania ocean going on eternally in the wondrous spiritual sky.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
"Thought for the Day" is the daily inspirational message of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) broadcast daily to thousands of subscribers throughout the world. You can subscribe by visiting http://www.backtohome.com/
backtohome

Return to Question For The Day