What Motivates You to Carry the Torch of Knowledge?

Daily Question and Answer.

What Motivates You to Carry the Torch of Knowledge?

Postby backtohome » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am

Question: What Motivates You to Carry the Torch of Knowledge?

After your practicing Krishna consciousness for 39 years what now motivates you to carry the transcendental torchlight of knowledge for your Gurudeva, Srila Prabhupada?

N.K.

Answer: The Mercy of Srila Prabhupada

I personally have no good qualifications. My only qualification is that somehow or other I was most fortunate to get the unlimited mercy of Krishna's pure devotee, which very deeply touched and transformed my heart. I was blessed with an unlimited ocean of knowledge and bliss, and at the same time I could see all around me a world that is becoming more and more miserable all the time. I joined this movement motivated by a desire to purely serve the will of God and to bring about a spiritual revolution on this planet. And it is these two desires that have kept me active in ISKCON for the last 39 years and will keep me active in ISKCON for the rest of my life. Srila Prabhupada has indeed blessed us with the key to personal and global perfection. Now all we have to do is take that key in our hands and unlock the door.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
"Thought for the Day" is the daily inspirational message of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) broadcast daily to thousands of subscribers throughout the world. You can subscribe by visiting http://www.backtohome.com/
backtohome

Return to Question For The Day