Why Do People See Devotee as Aliens?

Daily Question and Answer.

Why Do People See Devotee as Aliens?

Postby backtohome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 am

Question: Why Do People See Devotee as Aliens?

My family is into the Krishna Consciousness movement for the past three years now. However, initially friends and relatives liked us being a part of this movement. Of late I notice that most of them treat us like aliens. They feel that we are too much engaged in this service and that it is not really required. I am not saying that these people are atheists; however, they do not feel that in depth involvement is required.

As far as I am concerned, I am convinced that I am on the right track, but need guidance as to how to convince others.

Your Servant,
V.I.

Answer: Because Devotees Are Spiritual

It is natural that people who are not Krishna conscious will feel that Hare Krishna people are like aliens from another planet or that Krishna consciousness is strange or unnecessary. This is not at all surprising because we are spiritual and they are material. Even though many people believe in God, they do not live their lives in a fully spiritual way like we do giving up all varieties of sinful activities and absorbing themselves as much as possible in chanting the names of the Lord on a regular daily basis.

The only practical way I have seen to get people seriously attracted to Krishna consciousness is to give them sweet loving friendship beyond what they can experience anywhere else in the material world, even from their closest friends. Then they will realize that there is nothing more wonderful in the entire world than Krishna consciousness, and they will naturally join our movement. This is how Srila Prabhupada captured us. And this is how we will capture the entire world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
"Thought for the Day" is the daily inspirational message of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) broadcast daily to thousands of subscribers throughout the world. You can subscribe by visiting http://www.backtohome.com/
backtohome

Return to Question For The Day