Are New Souls Being Created?

Daily Question and Answer.

Are New Souls Being Created?

Postby vgopikrishna » Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Question: Are New Souls Being Created?

My question is: I understand the process whereby the soul is everlasting, never dies and is never re-born. However what confuses me to which I humbly request your clarification is that all the souls in all the material and spiritual planets have been created by Krishna at one given time. Does Krishna create more new souls from time to time, taking into consideration that the population is now at its highest?

Shanitha

Answer: All Souls Are Ever-Existing

What Krishna says is that the souls are never born. This means that the souls are not created at a certain moment in time. Rather they are the eternal emanations of the Supreme Emanator, Lord Sri Krishna, and they are unlimited in number. There is no question of new souls ever coming into existence. If we see an increase of human population, this simply means that more souls (either coming from the lower species on this planet or from other planets and universes) are getting the auspicious opportunity of human birth on this planet, which is the best platform for awakening their dormant Krishna consciousness and going back to home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
vgopikrishna

Re: Are New Souls Being Created?

Postby npawar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am

hare krishna,
As i understand the question is not answered directly somewhere in scripture (please correct me if someone has read in bonafide scripture ) but from general way we can say creation is will of lord and lords have complete free wheel and also capable to do anything so we can say
1) we don't have access to this we should interspet and confirm this first that we are very very very tiny just see sky , galaxies please just imagine infinite universes, viraja river , infinite spiritual world ....... we are very small
2) Krishna can create new souls if he wants.(Sakal sambhav krishna kuch nahi mithya .. , meaning everyhting is possible for krishna)
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||
npawar

Re: Are New Souls Being Created?

Postby Mahesh Kumar Gandhi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Jut like energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a permanent and perfect law similarly souls are part and parcel of Lord Krsna emanating from Parmatma a Perfect and Permanent entity. Souls are moving around acquiring bodies from among 84 Lac Yonies. No one other than Krsna can create the souls. But whether he is creating the souls now a days is a question of guessing. The Satyug, Dwaper Yug Rishies have passed away otherwise they could have answered your question are new souls being created ? Quetion is Why do you want to know ? and What will happen if Krsna is creating new souls. Worried about population, forget it. Many souls are being liberated because of our ISKCON movement and going to Vaikuntha. So new souls will have enough space to live in on earth.
Mahesh Kumar Gandhi

Return to Question For The Day