True Self Versus "I Am"

Daily Question and Answer.

True Self Versus "I Am"

Postby backtohome » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 am

Question: True Self Versus "I Am"

Just when I start to think I am understanding this, I get a knock-down. I just read in the Gita that the False Ego is the "I Am", but I thought the "I Am", apart from the material body, WAS the true self. (as in pure awareness)

This is SO FRUSTRATING! What to do?

Julianne

Answer: Read Bhagavad-gita As It Is

Apparently you are not reading a bona fide edition of the Bhagavad-gita. You are right. The Gita you read is wrong. The real Bhagavad-gita spoken by Krishna to Arjuna confirms the eternal individuality of God and the living beings. This is why we recommend that you should read Bhagavad-gita As It Is by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada's Gita will not frustrate you. It will liberate you.

False ego is to identify the self with the body. Real ego is to identity the self as the eternal spirit-soul servant of God.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
"Thought for the Day" is the daily inspirational message of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) broadcast daily to thousands of subscribers throughout the world. You can subscribe by visiting http://www.backtohome.com/
backtohome

Return to Question For The Day