is lord visnu a living entity??

Discuss about Bhagavad Gita.

is lord visnu a living entity??

Postby kumaranando85 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:12 am

hb,
pamho,
i am being pinched by this question for the past few days kindly help me get a solution for it. tha question is as follows:
in bg(2.2) in the purport sp mentions a statement which goes as follows:
"No living entity, including bramha,lord siva or narayana, can possess opulences as fully as krsna" so the doubt is that how can lord visnu be a living entity because as far as i know lord visnu just like krsna doesnt have to die please explain :?:
ys
kumaranando85

Re: is lord visnu a living entity??

Postby Ram » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Hare Krishna.

The Lord Vishnu is the incarnation of lord sri Krishna for maintaining the entire manifestation.
lord visnu is not a living entity (Jiva) he is supreme living entity (Param) according to srimad bhagavatam 1.3.28 " Kirshnas tu bhagavān svayam "lord Krishna is the original, complete, purana other avatar’s are not equal and above lord Krishna also.
Srimad bhagavatam Purport of 1.3.28 by SP
All the expansions or categories of the Lord possess only some percentages of these attributes. But Śrī krishna is the possessor of the attributes cent percent. And His personal expansions such as svayam-prakāśa, tad-ekātmā up to the categories of the avatāras who are all viṣṇu-tattva, possess up to ninety-three percent of these transcendental attributes. Lord Śiva, who is neither avatāra nor āveśa nor in between them, possesses almost eighty-four percent of the attributes. But the jīvas, or the individual living beings in different statuses of life, possess up to the limit of seventy-eight percent of the attributes. In the conditioned state of material existence, the living being possesses these attributes in very minute quantity, varying in terms of the pious life of the living being. The most perfect of living beings is Brahmā, the supreme administrator of one universe. He possesses seventy-eight percent of the attributes in full.

Your Servant
Ramesh Govindasamy
Ram

Return to Bhagavad Gita