are we not allowed to fall in love with krsna?

Discuss about Nectar of Devotion.

are we not allowed to fall in love with krsna?

Postby shristi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 pm

HARE KRSNA! Please Accept my humble obeisances! i have a question and i hope you would kindly clear my doubts. , in the book nectar of devotion, chapter fourty, reveretional devotion, it is written in page 316 that one should not establish any ARTIFICIAL relationship with krsna and that one should not claim his eternal relationship with krsna until liberated . what does this mean?? is it that we are not allowed to fall in love with krsna? wont he accept our love? i confess that we are in a very impure state but we truly try surrender to him and love him .and ask nothing in return.cant we take krsna as our best friend? is it just our false imagination and we dont have the right to do so? please prabhujee clear out the clouds of doubts that is surrounding me. hare krsna!!!
shristi

Re: are we not allowed to fall in love with krsna?

Postby jayesh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Hare Krishna!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Please accept my humble obeisances.

Definately Krishna is our dear most friend. He is addressed as DINBHANDHO(the friend of distressed ), but the point is that while in premature stage of devotional service, one should not artificially imitate the most pure dealings excibited by the confidential associates (i.e. Krishna's cowherd friends, Gopis etc.) of the Lord who are completely free from all material desires.

Here is a Quote from Nector Of Devotion, Chapter 40. Reverential Devotion of Sons and other Subordinates

"No one should claim his eternal relationship with Kåñëa unless he is liberated. In the conditioned state of life, the devotees have to execute the prescribed duties as recommended in the codes of devotional service. When one is mature in devotional service and is a realized soul, he can know his own eternal relationship with Kåñëa. One should not artificially try to establish some relationship. In the premature stage it is sometimes found that a lusty, conditioned person will artificially try to establish some relationship with Kåñëa in conjugal love. The result of this is that one becomes präkåta-sahajiyä, or one who takes everything very cheaply. Although such persons may be very anxious to establish a relationship with Kåñëa in conjugal love, their conditioned life in the material world is still most abominable. A person who has actually established his relationship with Kåñëa can no longer act on the material plane, and his personal character cannot be criticized."

Hope this will help you,
Dasdasanudas
Jayesh.
jayesh

Postby shristi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:55 pm

hare krsna prabhuji. please explain what is ment by "artificaially imitate". and are we not allowed to love krsna until we are liberated?
shristi

Postby shristi » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:38 pm

i got my answer prabhujee! i dont care if its wrong to love him. he is my beloved . even its wrong, i am ready to commit this crime. devaki nandan thakurji ki jai ,hariiiiiii bol!!!!!!!!! radhe radhe!!!!
shristi

Re: if one really loves Krishna...

Postby jayesh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisances,

I am extremly sorry for not giving reply in time due to internet connection and power failure problems and please forgive me for that. Although you have already posted your reply before receiving my reply, still as a metter of my duty I would like to elaborate further on this subject metter.

(Assuming that you have already gone through the beginning chapters of Nectar Devotion Book I am posting this reply...)

1) What is meant by "artificaially imitate"?

- As I have already mentioned in the previously quoted paragragh from Chapter 4o of Nectar of Devotion Book that there is a class of people called "Prakrita Sahajiya"...
[a] who although attached to many kinds of gross and subtle forms of sense greatification, driven by lust and mental concoctions, pose themselves as highly advanced devotees.
[b] They do not pay much attention to the rules and regulations of Sadhana Bhakti (Regulated devotional service as mentioned in the beginning chapters of Nectar of Devotion Book) considering all those rules and regulations are meant for neophyte devotees.
[c] Out of mere foolishness and just to seek mental pleaser they imagine themselves as Gopis, cowherd girlfriends of Krishna!
[d] Without caring for the scriptural injuctions which show us a bonafide way to approach Lord Krishna, sometimes they dress themselves like Gopis and try to imitate rasa dance, which is a complete rascaldom!
[e] Just to get cheap adoration from the people in general, sometimes they cry like a madman as if they are feeling intense separation from Krishna but in reality which is just a pretention! An analogy can be given that of a crying of a baren woman to expose such rascals, who is although not at all qualified, but still just pretending to be feeling the pain of giving birth to a child!
[f] To achive "Swarup sidhdhi" stage (a stage at which we can realize our relationship with Krishna in spiritual world) one has to pass through many stages as mentioned in Nectar of devotion (1.4.14 & 15). But these fellows do not care for all these scriptural guidance and thus bypassing all these scriptural instructions they just artificially try to jump over to this most exalted stage of "Swarup sidhdhi" and the result of such unauthourised attempts is that they can never reach to Krishna.

2) Are we not allowed to love krsna until we are liberated?

- Even while in the impure state If one is sincerely trying to follow the instructions of Krishna as they are given in the Bhagavad Gita and the Srimad Bhagavatam, then that sincere endevor itself is a expression of love toward Krishna. Lord Krishna is a "Bhavagrahi" who accepts the sincere attitude of a practioner as an affectionate mother who understands and accepts the broken language of her child, incapable of addressing its mother properly.

-Also according to the Nectar of Devotion(1.2.187) one who engages in the transcendental service of the Lord in body, mind and word is to be considered liberated in all conditions of material existance.Such is the glory of devotional service to Krishna!

-Also in Krishna-karnamrita (107) of Bilvamangala Takur, a great vaishnava acharya, the glorious position of Devotional service is described in the following words...

bhaktis tvayi sthiratarä bhagavan yadi syäd
daivena naù phalati divya-kiçora-mürtiù
muktiù svayaà mukulitäïjali sevate 'smän
dharmärtha-käma-gatayaù samaya-pratékñäù

SYNONYMS
bhaktis—devotional service; tvayi—unto You; sthiratarä—fixed up; bhagavan—the Supreme Personality of Godhead; yadi—if; syäd—it may be; daivena—by destiny; naù—unto us; phalati—bears a fruit; divya—transcendental; kiçora-mürtiù—the eternal youthful form of Lord Kåñëa; muktiù—liberation; svayam—personally; mukulitäïjali—standing with folded hands; sevate—renders service; asmän—unto us; dharma—religion; artha—economic development; käma—sense gratification; gatayaù—the end goals; samaya—nearby; pratékñäù—expecting.

Translation:
If I am engaged in devotional service unto You, my dear Lord, then very easily can I perceive Your presence everywhere. And as far as liberation is concerned, I think that liberation stands at my door with folded hands, waiting to serve me-and all material conveniences of dharma [religiosity], artha [economic development] and käma [sense gratification] stand with her.

- So, in essence, there is no need to worry. Devotional service of the Lord is so glorious that it does't require any previous qualification. Anyone ,in any condition, can start devotional service and Lord Shri Krishna being so kind accepts the sincere devotional service(LOVE) of such a practioner. As servants of Krishna, our only concern should be to do what he wants us to do. And if one really loves Krishna, then naturally one would like to follow and receive the instructions of Krishna as given by the Lord in the holy scriptures such as Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, etc. Mental speculation or mental concoctions will not help because that is not a bonafide way to please Krishna, instead it will greatly displease Krishna and which is not at all a symptom of a true lover of Lord Krishna, the best friend of all living beings.

Hope this will help you,
Dasdasanudas
Jayesh.
jayesh

Postby shristi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 pm

hare krishna prabhujee !! please accept my humble obeisances. thankyou you very much for answering my question. my confusion is certainly cleared now. thankyou very much.
shristi

Return to Nectar of Devotion